StreamSets Certified Developer Exam
- 5-8 performance-based (hands-on) tasks in a StreamSets platform environment.
- Exam duration: 120 minutes
- Passing score: 70%
- Proctored exam by ProctorU. A separate invite will be sent by ProctorU to schedule your exam.
- Browser ProctorU plugin installation required
- Compatible with Chrome or Firefox
Scoring & Certificate
Exams are graded within 2 business days and final score and report will be emailed. The report will include the number of questions or tasks marked correct and incorrect. A passing score will also generate a sharable, verifiable “StreamSets Certified Developer” badge.
Additional reporting details will not be provided.
- Recommended Course: Control Hub Fundamentals
- Recommended Course: Data Collector Fundamentals
- Recommended Course: Transformer Fundamentals
- Reference: Product Documentation (available during the exam)
- Using Control Hub to develop SDC and Transformer pipelines
- Developing pipeline fragments
- Developing batch and streaming pipelines
- Configure single and multi-origin pipelines
- Develop microservice pipelines
- Develop orchestration pipelines
- Develop SDC RPC pipelines
- Configure pipeline executors
- Ability to develop SDC pipelines that use one of the following:
- Jython Evaluator
- or Groovy Evaluator
StreamSets Expression Language (EL)
- Use EL across origins, processors, executors, and destinations
- Apply conditional EL in pipelines
- Reference field names, constants, variables, and literals using EL
Transformer & Apache Spark
- Tune Transformer pipelines by adjusting driver or executor memory or cores
- Submit transformer pipelines to a Spark cluster
- Use the SCH pipeline versioning and export features
- Create SCH jobs and schedule jobs
- Create topologies
- Deploy pipelines to labeled SDCs and Transformers
Alerts and Monitoring
- Create drift rules in pipelines
- Create pipeline alerts for error records and events
- Each exam taker receives their own StreamSets platform environment and a browser based Windows Desktop to connect to the platform.
- The environment runs on Strigo. Be sure that your computer/laptop can connect to Strigo. You can test network connectivity here.
- The platform currently runs on Data Collector 3.22.1 and Transformer 3.18.0